WebAssign is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to join our application development team. Our growing software development company needs talented people who possess strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will conduct a wide range of tests and analyses to ensure that software and services meet company standards, as well as defined end-user (functional) and system (non-functional) requirements.
- Assist in developing and maintaining test plans, test scenarios, and test cases for user interface, functionality, system, and "ad-hoc testing."
- Perform regression tests, functional tests, and data tests.
- Document quality assurance practices.
- Report, track, and determine priority of reported bugs using bug-tracking system.
- Review and validate external bug reports.
- Keep track of new project requirements.
- Report bugs and track defects.
- Review documentation for technical accuracy.
- Assist with the development of new testing strategies and methodologies.
- Work regularly with user interaction designers, software developers, and technical writers on all aspects of the application.
- Handle multiple projects and directives in a fast-paced environment.
- A solid understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process
- Well-versed in all testing methodologies (white vs. black box test work, system vs. functional)
- Well-versed in software process methodologies
- Detail oriented and a problem solver
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills and a comfort level in communicating with individuals and groups
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with defect tracking and test planning tools
- Basic understanding of database concepts and web applications
- A contagious passion for quality
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in translating business requirements into test scenarios and based on them, creating test cases and test plans.
- 2-4 years of testing experience preferably in an environment that has in-house developed applications.
- Experience in conducting performance and other functional and non-functional automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban development environment.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing patterns of issues, root causes, and systematic problems.
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases (manual and automated), test procedures, test scripts, and expected results.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
WebAssign is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V