WebAssign is the leading provider of powerful online instructional tools for faculty and students. Much more than just a homework grading system, WebAssign delivers secure online testing, customizable pre-coded questions from a wide range of math and science textbooks, and unparalleled customer service.
Here at WebAssign, we are looking to add qualified math professionals to our editorial team. The ideal Math Coder candidates will have a B.S. in math, a strong passion for problem-solving, and be able to work both independently and within an editorial team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coding of undergraduate-level mathematics content that is complete, accurate, and meets WebAssign requirements for style and functionality using several languages including Perl, HTML, and CSS
- Complete coding assignments according to project schedule deadlines
- Provide constructive feedback to peers as a part of content review process
- Proofread coding, HTML, and algorithms
- Provide frequent project progress updates to project editor
- Fundamental understanding of undergraduate-level mathematics
- 3.0 or higher average GPA in mathematics
- 87% or higher on screening test
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Editorial/proofreading skills
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
B.S. in mathematics, science, or engineering
- High school or university teaching experience
- HTML experience
- Perl or other scripting/programming language
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
WebAssign is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V