WebAssign—the leading service provider for online homework in higher education—is seeking an Application Development Manager to join our team. This role is responsible for building and mentoring one or more high-performing development teams. The manager will oversee the staffing and career development of a group of 10 to 12 team members. To successfully execute this role, it will be particularly important for the manager to nurture close, collaborative relationships with fellow managers, product owners, and other leaders throughout the company.
- Build great teams, staffed to balance a variety of business needs, that are self-directed, cross-functional, and technically excellent.
- Provide career guidance for team members through mentorship, coaching, training, and regular, precise feedback.
- Act as a primary catalyst for change within the Application Development department.
- Promote and advance the mission of the company, and of the Application Development department in particular.
- Advance our technology and processes to accelerate velocity, reduce costs, and/or increase quality.
- Excellent communicator
- Hard-working team player
- Flexible in methods and approach to meeting goals
- A trusted leader who people want to follow
- In-depth knowledge of Agile development methods, such as XP, Scrum, and Kanban
- Proven track record leading successful, self-directed development teams
- Familiarity with a broad mix of LAMP, web, and database (especially NOSQL) technologies
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery philosophies and supporting technologies
- Experience building and deploying large-scale applications to the cloud
- SaaS experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, IT, or related field
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
WebAssign is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V