Want to give a exam online but are concerned about cheating? Starting September 1, 2009, WebAssign is partnering with Respondus to provide the WebAssign LockDown Browser that prevents students from doing anything on the computer other than work on the WebAssign exam. Once an assessment is started, students are locked into the full-screen environment until they submit the assignment for grading.
- No instant messaging
- No emailing
- No searching the Web
- No access to other applications or files
- No printing
- No viewing of other WebAssign assignments
For optimal security, WebAssign recommends a few additional safeguards.
- Create a password for the quiz or test
- Set a time limit for completion so students will not have time to get offline help
- Use IP restriction settings to limit which computers can be used (e.g., in a computer lab, on campus, etc.)
- Proctor the test