Easy but Powerful Assignment Creation
Creating and scheduling an assignment with WebAssign is as easy as choosing the questions and the due date. You can use questions from your course textbook (if supported), questions from our authored and public collections, or your own questions that you create in WebAssign. Students log on using their own username and password and complete the assignment from any computer with Internet access.
With WebAssign, you are in control. Our flexible system allows you to quickly create an assignment that meets your needs.
- Assignments can have any number of questions
- All questions, even the ones from textbooks and our collections, can be modified
- Questions can have different formats including numeric answers, fill-in-the-blanks, essays, formulas, and file uploads
- Numeric values can be automatically randomized to discourage unwanted collaboration
- Each question can be weighted individually for grading purposes
Feedback is automatic and instantaneous, and WebAssign lets you control how much information the student receives. You can choose to display no feedback (ideal for reading checks or surveys), a total score for the assignment (great for quizzes or tests), or details such as which answers were correct and which were incorrect. For homework, many instructors allow students to retry the assignment.
With WebAssign, you decide how many submissions your students can make (up to 100) and which submission to score for the gradebook. After the due date, you can also use WebAssign to display the answer key.
These features make WebAssign a powerful, easy-to-use online grading solution that can reinforce student learning through practice and instant feedback. Use WebAssign for:
- Individual or group homework assignments
- Reading and concept checks, especially for just-in-time teaching
- Pre-labs, in-lab work, and lab reports
- Group in-class work
- Secure, timed quizzes or tests
- Surveys and evaluations