Accessible, Affordable, and Interactive: The Complete Preparatory Chemistry Solution
This is the most affordable online Preparatory Chemistry course ever created. It has everything WebAssign is famous for: online algorithmic homework; instant grading and immediate student feedback; plus complete online content from An Introduction to Chemistry by nationally recognized author and veteran preparatory chemistry instructor Mark Bishop.
An Accessible Textbook by a Veteran Author
Intended for use in beginning chemistry courses with no chemistry prerequisite, An Introduction to Chemistry, has been informed by the author’s experience of teaching introductory chemistry for over 30 years at Monterey Peninsula College. Originally developed by a leading textbook publisher, and subsequently self-published by the author’s own Chiral Publishing Company, the textbook has garnered praise and classroom adoptions nationwide for its accessible presentation and student-friendly features.
The textbook is available in two versions, to meet all teaching preferences:
- The Chemistry-First version covers chemical reactions early and postpones math-related topics until slightly later in the book.
- The Atoms-First version provides a more complete description of atomic theory and bonding early and describes chemical reactions later. It also presents the math-related topics earlier.
A Trusted Online Homework Solution
Since launching in 1997 in several large courses at North Carolina State University, WebAssign has grown to become the market-leading independent online homework solution, used by over 500,000 students each term. We’ve introduced more powerful tools for faculty, including secure testing and complete assignment customization; and stronger learning tools for students, like chemPad, an answer-entry palette with over 150 answer-specific lines of intelligent feedback. Now, through our partnership with Mark Bishop’s Chiral Publishing, WebAssign supports both versions of An Introduction to Chemistry with:
- 1500 algorithmically driven homework problems from the text
- 900 text-specific test bank questions
- Complete access to the downloadable eBook
- Applicable sections of the text linked to individual questions
- Applicable author-created audio lectures linked to individual questions
- Applicable author-created animations based on key text illustrations linked to individual questions
- Select detailed solutions linked to questions with answers available in the student study manual
- Narrated presentations, PowerPoint lectures, concept maps, and chapter checklists available as resources for faculty or to make available to students
Want to Try It Out?
Take a look at our sample student assignments for either the Chemistry-First version or the Atoms-First version. If you like what you see, and want to see more, let us know, and we’ll set you up with a no-obligation full faculty account.
Supporting Over 150 Chemistry Textbooks from All Publishers
As an independent online homework provider, WebAssign partners with all major textbook publishers to offer customizable precoded questions covering every course from preparatory chemistry through physical chemistry, along with easy-to-use tools that allow instructors to create the perfect companion to any course.
Browse our chemistry textbook collection to find your adopted textbook.